Dissanayake Mudiyanse Anuradha Lanka Pradeep Jayaratne (born 22 December 1985) is the ex - Deputy Minister of the Mahaweli Development and Environmental Ministry and Member of Parliament and started his political career in Year 2010 as the Private Secretary to the 14th Prime Minister of Sri Lanka, Hon. D.M. Jayaratne.
Anuradha Jayaratne is a past pupil of Trinity College Kandy and continued his secondary education at the Royal College Colombo.He pursued his LLB at the University of Buckingham in London and then took oath as an attorney at law at the Law College Colombo. He thereafter entered for LLM at the Faculty of Law, University of Colombo and also completed a Diploma in Economic Growth at the Harvard University in the U.S.A.
Anuradha is the son of ex-Prime Minister, Late Hon. D.M. Jayaratne who served over 7 decades of his life to the public service and Hon. D.M.Jayaratne started his political career as a member of Gam Sabha. His mother was a teacher and the two sisters are a doctor and a graduate. He is married to Dr. Dilini Herath who’s practicing at a government hospital and also a proud father to a son.
In the year 2013 he contested for the Provincial Election at the invite of the then President, His Excellency Mahinda Rajapakse and won with a record breaking highest number of preferential votes in the Central Province and was appointed as the Chief Whip of the government.
In the year 2015 he contested the General Election and was elected as a Member of Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and was appointed the Deputy Ministerial portfolio. Currently he is the most educated, experienced, young professional candidate from the Kandy district list to contest for the upcoming General Election on 5th of August 2020.
Since been elected to the Provincial Council and then to the Parliament, Anuradha time and again showed that he is a leader who always worked with a far sighted vision.
He was capable of initiating and commencing many mega developmental projects within a short period of time some of which are; Gampola Development Project, Pussellawa Town Development Project and also Doragala Navodaya.
Anuradha was capable of diversifying the developmental projects into the entire district of Kandy that resulted in the Digana and Theldeniya Town Development Project and Minipe Mahaweli developments.
In today’s day and age in the new political era under a strong leadership young, energetic, educated, family oriented and open minded individuals as Anuradha is what the country is in dire need of. At a time when the public outcry is for change and progressive development of the country as a whole Anuradha is the epitome of people’s leader, one who can take the Kandy district to its golden time and the country.
1. L.L.M : Faculty of Law, University of Colombo (2012 to 2013)
2. Attorney at-Law : Law College, Colombo ( 2009 to 2010)
3. L.L.B : University of Buckingham, London (2006 to 2009)
4. Advanced Level : Royal College, Colombo (2004 to 2005)
5. Ordinary Level : Royal College, Colombo (2003 to 1998)
6. Primary Education : Trinity College, Kandy (1993 to 1997)
7. Nursery Education : Ecola International School, Kandy (1990 to 1992)
1.Private Secretary to the honorable prime minister since 2010 in the capacity as the principal co-coordinator of the Hon. Prime Minister, in charge of following activities:
2. Organizing national events
3. Co-ordinate with the H.E The President's office
4. Liaising with local and foreign delegations and ambassadors
5. Representing national and international conferences and ceremonies
6. Managing public affairs
7. Liaising with the general public on behalf of the Hon. Prime Minister
8. Coordinating and communicating with the official and private personnel of the Hon. Prime Minister's office to fulfill the assigned duties
9. Facilitating co-ordination pertaining to requirements forwarded by Cabinet Ministers and the members of the Parliament
10. Formulating the Hon. Prime Minister's Parliament sessions
11. Par taking in the events and functions held by the Ministry of Buddhasasana and Religious Affairs on behalf of Hon. Prime Minister who is also the minister in charge
PRIVATE SECRETARY TO THE HON.PRIME MINISTER, PRIME MINISTERS OFFICE, NO 58,SIR EARNEST DE SILVA MW, COLOMBO 07-SINCE 2010
Managing Director/Chairman of VPAC CORRUGATED PVT LTD, No.176, Kahapola Road, Piliyandala Since 2008
Attorney at Law (L.L.B) since 2010
Chairman of Hospital Committee, Gampola, Kandy since 2011
Chairman of Youth Organization, Gampola, Kandy since 2010
Chairman of the Table Tennis Association of Western Province, Sri Lanka-2012-2013
Initiator of the World's Buddhist Children Conference- 2013